Olympic Paint has made one of the hardest parts of painting – selecting a color you love, and that you know you will love on your walls as well – easier than ever with a suite of color selection tools, all available online and through Olympic’s ColorClix mobile app. Everyone has paint tools, but Olympic excels in offer different varieties for everything from seeing how a room will look in the color online, to offering a full room color scheme, including accents.
Newest is the ability to “paint” a room you upload a photo of so you can realistically sample and envision the final project outcome. This virtual room-painting feature uses proprietary technology to actually analyze the lighting, shadows, angles and other nuances of the room photo uploaded to result in a near exact painting simulation.
Please take a look at the press release below, try out the technology here:
We would like to invite you to try this out / share the news… we would love to offer you some ColorClix selected paint, and could even offer your readers an Olympic Paint giveaway to utilize after see what colors they want to try out with ColorClix.
Thanks for your review and consideration!
All the best,
office – 914.693.5135
cell – 914.439.1999
email – firstname.lastname@example.org
Follow me on Twitter: http://twitter.com/PRSyl
PRWeek Agency of the Year and International Consultancy of the Year
PR News Top Places to Work in PR
A proud partner of Room to Read. World Change Starts with Educated Children®
New OLYMPIC Paint Color Tools Designed to Deliver Color Confidence
Unleash your inner color genius with innovative online and in-store tools that provide fresh inspiration, easy color selection and absolute color confidence!
PITTSBURGH – Consumers can take the guesswork out of choosing paint color thanks to new easy-to-use color selection tools from OLYMPIC® Paint, available both online and in-store at Lowe’s, the nation’s second-largest home improvement retailer.
The COLORCLIX® suite of color tools invites consumers to see the effect that any of the more than 1,200 Olympic Paint color choices will have on a particular room in lifelike detail by uploading a photo of the room and painting it “virtually” before the paint is actually purchased. New to the ColorClix suite, this virtual room-painting feature uses proprietary technology to analyze the lighting, shadows, angles and other nuances of the room photo submitted by the user. This distinctive and revolutionary tool provides an unprecedented level of control and detail in masking the image, and the result is a room virtually and realistically painted in the color of choice, without any of the work! Other color tools available exclusively at Lowe’s and online include:
• Idea Cards (exclusively at Lowe’s) feature 12 color families with inspirational combinations that can be expanded into different levels of intensity and complexity, starting with a single base color or color family. Innovative peel-and-stick color chips let the user try various options by “sticking” the color chips on the wall or making new combinations by mixing swatches together in the color chips play area.
• Lifestyle Cards (exclusively at Lowe’s) offer colors that reflect individual style and incorporate furniture, carpet, fabric and design elements through a collection of eight distinct Lifestyle options. Each card provides designer tips for achieving a specific aesthetic, theme or lifestyle. Collections include easy, global, serene, traditional, natural, techno, glamour and creative.
• Trends in Color (exclusively at Lowe’s) presents the latest in color and design through a series of four brochures that provide tips for introducing various trends – bold colors, modern lines, glamour and eco flair – throughout the home.
• The Color InSight Game (at Olympic.com) is a 10-question online quiz with answers that guide consumers to the Lifestyle collections that are right for them.
• Complementary Colors (at Olympic.com) offers designer-selected complementary color palettes for accent walls, ceilings, trim and more.
Visit www.olympic.com/color to view the entire suite of color tools and tips.
“Whether online or in-store, our color tools take the guesswork out of selecting paint colors, so it’s easy for a consumer to feel like a color genius,” said Misty Walker, color marketing manager, Olympic Paint and Stain. “From the unique ColorClix suite of tools to our in-store guides, we’re offering fresh inspiration that consumers can harness to make confident, personalized and dazzling color choices.”
This award-winning, cross-platform collection of ColorClix color tools enable consumers to discover new colors anytime, anywhere on a mobile phone, a desktop computer or the Internet. From initial color inspiration to final product selection and purchase, ColorClix tools digitize the paint-purchasing process from beginning to end. ColorClix mobile apps are available for the iOS, Android and WINDOWS® platforms.
Olympic Paint is a category leader in the paint segment with distribution in Lowe’s, the nation’s second-largest home improvement retailer. From Olympic ONE primer-and-paint-in-one product to the zero-VOC (volatile organic compound), low-odor Premium Interior line, Olympic Paint addresses consumers’ desire for durable, affordable and innovative paint products. For more information, visit http://www.olympic.com.
Share your love of color on Facebook (http://www.facebook.com/olympicpaintandstain) and Twitter (http://www.twitter.com/inspiredcolor).
PPG: BRINGING INNOVATION TO THE SURFACE.™
PPG Industries’ vision is to continue to be the world’s leading coatings and specialty products company. Through leadership in innovation, sustainability and color, PPG helps customers in industrial, transportation, consumer products, and construction markets and aftermarkets to enhance more surfaces in more ways than any other company. Founded in 1883, PPG has global headquarters in Pittsburgh and operates in more than 60 countries around the world. Sales in 2011 were $14.9 billion. For more information, visit http://www.ppg.com.
Media Contact: Jennifer Dodson, Olympic Paint, email@example.com, 412-434-2050 Lauren Knox, Ketchum, firstname.lastname@example.org, 404-879-9157
Bringing innovation to the surface is a trademark of PPG Industries Ohio, Inc.
Olympic and ColorClix are registered trademarks of PPG Architectural Finishes, Inc.
Windows is a registered trademark of Microsoft Corporation in the United States and other countries.